10 августа 2013
1) Franz Reichert's fatal jump from the Eiffel Tower, whilst testing his new fangled parachute: 1912.
2) Votes for women activist Emily Davison killed as she runs in front of King George V's horse, Anmer: 8th June 1913.
3) Frank Lockhart killed during a land speed record attempt: 25th April 1928.
4) Zeppelin LZ129 Hindenburg goes up in flames: 6th May 1937.
5) HMS Barham explodes after being struck by three torpedoes fired from U331: 25th, November 1941.
6) Pilot John Derry's DH110 kills 29 spectators at the Farnborough air show: 6th September 1952.
7) Driver Pierre Levegh's Mercedes kills 83 spectators at Le Mans: 11th June 1955.
8) Royal Navy Commander J D Russell lost at sea with his Supermarine Scimitar : 25th September 1958.
9) Bird man Gerard Masselin plummets to earth: 1963.
10) Donald Campbell dies at the controls of Bluebird K7, during a speed record attempt on Coniston water: 4th January 1967.